Sunday, August 06, 2006

Day of rest? ...not in this business!



Me and Javier Abreu as Count Almaviva and Don Curzio in the Act iii sextet (photo by Kim Witman)

So, here we are on a Sunday with 5 hrs of rehearsal staring us in the face. I guess this factoid of opera world trivia is for the family reading my blog...but, yeah, we dont get weekends off. In fact, here at the "Trap" we get 1 day off each week, which may or may not be on a weekend. Our day off was yesterday, which we spent driving all over the northern VA / MD area. :o)

Today I woke up at 10:30am (didnt get to sleep until 2 or so) and got to have some quality time on the phone with my lady, which was very nice. Because I miss her and our 2 boys very very much. (when I say boys, I mean our 2 kitties) Now its noon and I have 4 hrs until rehearsal. My plan is to get breakfast/lunch, memorize the 2nd half of the act iv finale, and then review acts ii and iii. Hmmm, can it be done in 4 hrs? I hope so!

Have a great day! ...and thanks for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home