Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back to school...


Ahhhh, to wake up to the sounds ofthe lawn being mowed. Its actually not THAT annoying. It reminds me of summer when summer was summer. What does that mean you might ask? Remember when you were in 4th or 5th, heck even 9th or 10th grade? Summer was freedom! Summer was swimming at the neighborhood pool and playing with friends and blowing up frogs with firecrackers. Ok, maybe not for everyone...but boys will be boys. Anyway, summer has now turned into work. I guess for those of you with "real" jobs, summer has always been work. Perhaps its that if I dont make any room for vacation, its work work work all the time, and thats what it has been since January. I need a vacation!

I think its interesting what happens in peoples thoughts. For example...I just spent 5 minutes thinking about what shower I should shower in. There is one that is downstairs in the basement. It has 3 shower heads! Pretty cool, right? Well, it also heats up quickly. The shower in my bathroom has crappy water pressure and takes forrever to heat up. Ok, so...maybe its not THAT interesting...but, random nonetheless. I had a dream last night that I was shopping for an exercise bike for my wife and that the car broke down and one of my best friends yelled at me on the phone that he was not going to come pick me up! Weird, huh?

Well, the summer is winding down...and I guess for those 5th graders and 10th and 11th graders and everyone else thats still in school its time to head back to class. Even thats fun though....remember how excited we all used to get to go pick up the school supplies for elementary school? Then there is the first day back where everyone catches up and everything starts fresh and new. Fun times.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Laura Vlasak Nolen said...

this is great...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home