Saturday, February 24, 2007

Back at home...at least for a few days

Its a little surreal going from performing at Carnegie Hall in New York City on Wednesday night to doing laundry and arguing with a Korean at a bakery in Sachse, TX about the authenticity of their "picante" sauce on Saturday. Its a great life I live. I mean who else can say that they auditioned for Glyndeborne on Tuesday and then was faced with a dust storm in Dallas!? Seriously, it was SEHR WINDIG today. The sky quickly went from blue to brown. I havent seen the likes of this since my 2 year stint in Lubbock. Ah, the variety that life gives us.

Tonight we grilled AMAZING tenderloin steaks on my wonderful grill. I tell ya, its amazing what a piece of beef can do to a guy. I could seriously eat steak everyday. Speaking of, I'm joining the gym. I've decided that its time for me to join the rest of the world in getting serious about eating better and EXERCISING! There is a fantastic gym down the road from me that offers everything from waterslides to free weights to a salon and spa. I also need to get a scale. Uggh. My friend tells me that its important to ge tthe one that tells you your BMI. Thats the % of you thats actually lard and that needs to be shed. So, I am on a mission. Wish me luck!!

Sorry that this is so scattered. I feel like I'm trying a little too hard with this post, but a certain lovely Texan mezzo yells at me when I dont update it regularly...so, I'm trying to keep everyone happy. Heehee! Hi! :o)

I feel like someone should start a school for opera singers. I know that these already exist...but, it seems that the schools that are out there arent giving their students the information needed to have a career in this field...and thats kinda the point, right? I'd love to retire from performing and be the head of an opera theatre group whose duties would include Voice Teaching, Anti-Master Classes, Seminars / Lectures about the career, and to be a liasion to all my friends in the business that are General Directors of companies...to make sure that my students get heard by the people that actually HIRE in the REAL world!! Hmmm...maybe one day. For now, its my performing career that keeps me up at night wondering how I'll get from point B to point C. (I feel like I navigated A to B pretty well)

So, I head back to NYC on Tuesday for an audition and then again the next Monday and then again the next week! WHEW! 3 auditions, but, they are important. Lyric Opera Chicago, Deutsche Oper Berlin, and Seattle Opera. then I'm back again in April for Der ferne Klang with the ASO at Avery Fisher. Should be fun to say the least!!!

I'm off to watch SNL -- Rainn Wilson is hosting and he is pretty much my hero! (Watch THE OFFICE)


Until next time...

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

You better rock that Seattle audition!! I want to come hear you sing!! That would be so cool if you did a performace here! Keep me posted!!

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home