Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Clarksville, TN

Well, after a few days here in the surprising coldness of TN, I'm kinda ready to be back in TX where I can still wear shorts and flip-flops well into December! Haha! Seriously though, everyone has been so wonderful here in TN. We started the week with 2 High School presentations on Monday. My wonderful colleague, collaborator, and friend, Miah Im and I talked with the students about the importance of the art song recital and what it is about art songs that make them unique in the genre of classical vocal music. They seemed interested and were chomping at the bit to get the free tickets to the recital that I'm giving on Thursday evening...so, I'm guessing that it was a successful presentation! We did 2 more of the same on Tuesday and were essentially exhausted. I really dont know how teachers do it. Kudos to you mom and Dennis!

Today is my day off / dress rehearsal for my recital tomorrow night. The hall is wonderful. We are performing at the Austin Peay State University here in Clarksville, TN and their concert hall is perfect for song recital. Its an intimate hall that seats about 300, I believe. Maybe its 600. Anyway, they have a Bussendorf Grand piano (with the 5 extra bass keys...very odd) -- So,if all goes well we should have a fun time tomorrow night at 7:30!

I'm back in the Dallas / Ft.Worth area on Friday and am looking forward to being in one place for longer than 5 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home