Sunday, September 24, 2006

Debut!

It may be hard to see, or believe for that matter, but that is me taking my long awaited bow on the stage of the New York City Opera. I remember being an apprentice at Santa Fe Opera in 2000 and hearing that New York City Opera would be attending the house auditions that we would be singing for near the end of the summer season. I also remember being scared shitless about that audition! After saving face and singing pretty well for a 26 year old I waited for a letter to be placed in my mailbox. You see, we all had these mailboxes and when the big guns came into town to hear us, these boxes were a way for them to express interest is us. The only problem was that these boxes were out in the open and everyone could see who got letters from what companies. I dont think I ever even got a letter that first year. But, I do remember the ones that got the ever-coveted audition invitation to sing on the mainstage at NYCO. ...and I remember being very jealous of those folks! 6 years later I finally made it to that stage and in a great debut role! Its ok to be proud every now and then of one's self. Good job self!

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Virginia Tech Piano Lit said...

Great job! I was in the upper balcony, could always hear you clearly, which wasn't always the case with other members of the cast. Excellent acting, voice and projection. I'm looking forward to seeing you in other productions - good luck!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger ACB said...

Congrats!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home