Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Mornin' Rush

Its been awhile since I have had the pleasure of crowding myself onto a subway at 8am to join the rest of the miserable people on their way to work. However, this fine, unusually crisp August morning I drug myself back to NYC from my friend's apartment in NJ when he was on his way to work.

Now, many of you might be thinking, what a lazy person this guy Weston must be. Well, sometimes, yes. BUT, when you are rehearsing 6 hours a day and trying to memorize a recital and then at the same time working on upcoming auditions...its a full time job. Someday soon I'm sure I'll start doing that. I have been enjoying the fact that I'm usually called to 2 hrs of rehearsal every 4th day, and that I dont really need to start working on my recital for another week or so. So, yeah...I've been lazy...but a well deserved lazy!

So, yeah, back to the morning rush. My friend and I were talking about how people are just simply not happy. They ride the PATH train or the subway or both and sit/stand there staring at nothing. Silent. So, I found it quite humorous that my friend and I were laughing and talking during our commute this morning. People looked at us like we were weren't doing it right...like there is some set of rules when commuting. Here is how they would read:

Rules for the Morning Commute:
1. Stare straight ahead
2. No talking
3. Do not smile. Ever.
4. If someone does talk, look at them with a very rude look.

Thats pretty much it. Did I tell you that I'm sooooo happy that I live in Texas? heehee.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Laura Vlasak Nolen said...

You hit the nail on the head with this one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home