Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The beginning of a new era...

Ok, so, its official. I have been released from my prior contract with Columbia Artists and am free to begin my new managerial relationship with the lovely Caroline Woodfield. I know it may not seem like that big of a deal to family or to those that truly dont understand who this amazing woman is...but, its a huge step in the right direction! So, yeah, that was my big news. I truly am excited about this next step in my professional career.

This week is filling out to be par for the course in this crazy business. We start rehearsal tomorrow for our performance that we have Friday night with the Juilliard alumni gang (at 8pm at the Peter Jay Sharp Theater; formally known as the Juilliard Theater), then Thursday morning I am getting new photos done here in NYC, then we have the final rehearsal on stage at 1, and thent I have performance #4 that night of Die tote Stadt. WHEW! Friday I have an audition in the afternoon for Santa Barbara Opera and then it is the Juilliard "Sing For Hope" performance with all my alumni buddies that evening, and then it would seem that I have the weekend off. Oh wait, my pianist is coming in to rehearse our upcoming recital program that happens at the end of this month. Mind you, none of the above include my TV programs - Friday Night Lights (premieres tonight), LOST (season premiere is tomorrow), The Office (which I have to miss on Thursday...but have the itunes season pass) - so, yeah...I do find time to watch TV! heehee!

As I sit here in the Starbucks at 67th and Broadway writing away, its interesting to me how weird people are in New York City! This may not come as a surprise to any of you, as we are sort of known for it here. But, wow. I just saw a woman that must be in her late 70's wearing all spandex. WHAT?! There are also many windows for people watching on the street outside. Fun times.

On a side note, please check out my wife's new blog which can be found to your right amongst my links. If you are a singer and have a significant other, I urge you to perk their interest in her blog, and perhaps start a blog of their own. I am sure that there are many significant others of opera singers, or SOOOS as I like to refer them to that need help! Hahaha...is it coincidence that the above kinda looks like SOS? I think not...we are a crazy breed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home