Sunday, October 01, 2006

Down time...


One of the many things that goes untold about this crazy opera business is all the down time that one has on a gig once performances kick in. We opened Die tote Stadt on September 24 and have already had 3 sucessful performances, with 3 left to go. This weekend begins my down time. My next show is Thursday, so that leaves me with a few days to myself...well, sort of.

Another project this week is the Juilliard Alumni "SING FOR HOPE" concert. We have a rehearsal on Wednesday, a run-thru on Thursday, and then we have the performance on Friday night. It should be a fun concert with reunions of old friends.

In addition to my upcoming concert at the Juilliard Theater on Friday, October 6th I also have a recital coming up at the end of this month. I am collaborating with a long time friend and colleague, Miah Im. She is a beautiful pianist and I look forward to making music with her, in Tennessee! So, yeah...I should also be looking at that music and making sure that I'm all caught up with memorization. I think there must just be something about having the day off that makes me want to go into a coma in front of the t.v. and just veg out. How do you spell "VEGE" like hedge...hmmm...

This coming week will surely bring new information that I should be able to share publicly...so, stay posted for some exciting news! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home