Monday, June 07, 2010

back at the ranch...

Home, home on the range... Its always nice to come home, especially after such a lengthy gig! I had an amazing time in Toronto debuting with The Canadian Opera Company! Truly an amazing company from all angles. Now comes the downtime. Its always an interesting period when I come off such a high of performing and meeting new friends and living the dream to being at home where I am just me. I guess its a wonderful balance to have. I think anyone that lives too much of one or the other just might go crazy!

Ok, so... home. Its freakin' hot in Texas, y'all. Seriously. It was 100 F degrees last night when I finished up at the gym at 9:40pm! 100!!! It feels like an oven when you walk outside. Thank God I'm in Dallas where it isnt all that humid. I can only imagine my poor family down in Houston where it is 110% humidity!? How did I ever play football with 2-a-days in August in Houston, TX?? But... thats why they make swimming pools, right? I just might head out to work on my tan and have a little dip in the pool!

In business news - my new website is about to launch! Thats right, pretty soon there will be a whole new look over at www.westonhurt.com! I'm very excited about the work that Patrick Nigh has been doing for me. He truly is a gifted visionary when it comes to web design! Thanks Patrick!! I'm very excited to see the finished product. And, next month I have the opportunity to revisit a favorite opera of mine, Hansel and Gretel! I get to escape the height of the TX heat in July and begin rehearsals in Portland, Maine on this wonderful new production of H&G. I sing the role of the Father with an outstanding cast. Check out http://www.portopera.org/cast.php for cast info.

For now I shall continue to work out at the gym, swim in the pool, master the art of FIFA '10 on my PS3, and enjoy my time at home.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Radu Prisacaru said...

A round of applause for your article post. Thanks Again. Keep writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home