Friday, September 07, 2007

Aida

Last night we opened Aida at the Abraham Chavez Theater here in lovely El Paso, TX. Its amazing what music can teach you. Sometimes it reminds you of what you needed to remember. Other times it can show you that you arent quite where you thought you were. It sometimes seems all for not. Have you ever caught yourself chasing a dream that you never knew really existed? We go through hell and beat ourselves up, even asking to be rejected time and time again - for what? To realize that what seemed like Candyland really is a lonely hotel room? For anyone that reads this, ask yourself if you have anything else to chase. Too often people dont find what they are looking for - or if they find it, it just might turn out to surprise them that its not what they imagined it to be. A dear friend of mine just might have found something with time to spare.

Amonasro has taught me a thing or two. He likes to yell...at least through me he seems like he is angry. I might need to have a talk with him before tomorrow night's performance and let him know that one can still show authority and anger through pianissimos and mezzo fortes...

My better half joins me tomorrow. Although in the same state, it seems much farther. It will be heaven to share each other, if only for 2 days until the next lesson.

I really am happy. I just re-read what I have written...I guess that the feelings of those close to us may tend to creep in and contaminate our thoughts. I am the luckiest guy in the world. I have a wife that loves me. I have a puppy that loves me. My family is amazing...I'm about to be an uncle twice over! - and I get to make a living at what I am meant to be doing. I am blessed.

Tomorrow ends a chapter of Mexican food and Ethiopian reign, and Sunday its back to Dallas for snuggle-time with Daisy, Figy, and Tiny and to watch the Cowboys take on the Giants! Wooohooo! FOOTBALL SEASON HAS BEGUN!

Hey, I said this was fleeting thoughts of an opera singer...Football makes me happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home