Friday, May 18, 2007

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Over the past week I have had the opportunity to see what its like to wake up in the single digits, that is, before 10am. Daisy (see post below for cutest pic ever) needs to go out and go potty at around 6:45am. So, that requires that I get up and let her out! We have established a nice little routine after only having her for a week and a few days and I'm kinda getting used to it. Its nice being up early, as I'm able to get things done that I would never have the time for when I wake up later in the day...now, this also means that I'm getting to bed earlier. So no more 2am TV shows...I'm usually out cold by 12am. Am I getting old?

Last night was so much fun. Daisy and I had the pleasure of attending Jacobi's birthday party. Who is Jacobi you may ask? Well, he is maybe the most spolied dog in the metroplex! He turned 10 years old yesterday and his mommy threw him a birthday party, compete with decorations, balloons, cupcakes, presents, etc. But, the fun part was Daisy playing with Dakota. Dakota is the size dog you would think he is. He is a 90+ lb Golden Retriever....and Daisy whooped his ass! They played non-stop for like a good 45 minutes and Dakota was POOPED. Now, dont get me wrong...Daisy was a worthless pile of puppy after it was all said and done..but it seemed that she won the endurance test...and Dakota is 2! It was so much fun watching them play and chase each other around. Good times.

This week I've started in with work on my upcoming recitals at the Bard Festival in August. I know that it seems that August is a ways off, and thank goodness that it is! I've got to get these songs learned, worked into my body, and memorized. Plus, at the same time, I've got to learn Amonasro (my first Verdi sing) which I'm performing in September, and refresh Enrico, which I do immeditaly following the Aida. WHEW! Its going to be a lot of music to get into the brain all at the same time over the next few months...but I'm up for the challenge. :O)

I have some FANTASTIC news to share. My long lost twin from birth, Laura Vlasak Nolen, is going to be making her MET debut in January! This is HUGE! I remember when she was just a freshman at Texas Tech breaking hearts. She deserves every bit of success that she has coming to her. She just might be the hardest working girl in the greater Stormsville area. lol. j/k Laura, you know I love you.

Ok...well, its 8am now and people on this side of the globe are going to work and getting things done. I'm sure that I should probably do the same. OOOOH! Today Daisy and I start puppy training -- wish us luck! :)

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger rahree said...

OMG - what a great picture of your puppy! i am jealous!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home