Thursday, May 03, 2007

In Pursuit of HAPPYness

I realize that I stole this from a recent movie, but things in my life over the last several years have made me truly begin to question happiness and whats it all about and how is it that we achieve this goal? I mean, it seems that we as a species are all after the buck. I mean it motivates us to work and then we want more work so that we can get more money. But, does money make people happy? No, of course not...I am sure that we all know people with tons of money that have yet to find what really makes them happy. Mo' money, mo' problems? I dont know...I'll tell you if I ever get there, but I'm more interested in just the happiness part.

I'm a singer...so, I guess that the thrill of travel, new people, new challenges, and the art of music making is what drives me in my pursuit of happiness. But, then...we always hear people say that its just a business. Well, I am married and have two beautiful kitty cats, so perhaps I should focus on my relationship at home to truly find happiness. But, the problem with that is, is that whether I like it or not, the performing career bugs its head in and takes me away from that life right when things start to get good. So, I think the only answer is to find happiness inside of ME and then the things and people that I'm involved with in my life will benefit from my happiness. So, the pursuit begins.

In the meantime we open Don Giovanni tomorrow! I think that the show will be well received, as we had a live high school audience at our final dress, and they seemed to get a kick out of this non-traditional spin of film-noir that we have put into the show. I have to say though....I will be glad to get back home on Sunday, where not only the pursuit of HAPPYness will insue, but also the search for a new puppy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home