Tuesday, September 25, 2007

the desert

I've got 2 humidifiers going full blast simultaneously in my bedroom and yet somehow the first week was a little rough! Another thing that "school" doesnt necessarily prepare you for is how to sing in various altitudes / climates! I gotta say though, the desert is gorgeous...and after a week of 104, 106 and 102-ish type weather, things have cooled off a bit and today its a glorious 83. :o) But yeah...for all you non-singers out there the humidity(or lack thereof in the desert) has a significant effect on the body and voice. One must take your surroundings into consideration and make up for the dryness by over hydrating with drinking lots and lots of water. I tell ya, with Santa Fe at 7,000+ and with Aspen at 8,000+ ft above sea level, you must quickly learn to adapt. I think that here in Tucson we are at 3,000 ft but VERY dry.

The other day 2 of the other singers and myself found ourselves playing the links! We found a public course on the south side of town and managed to lose nearly EVERY ball that we came with! Fun was had by all...but dear LORD I was soooo sore the next day! Heck, I was hurting by the 18th hole!

I'm very excited that my wife will be joining me in 6 days! I cant believe that we are getting close to opening. We move into the theater on Monday and then open Saturday night! Woohooo! ....after 2 shows in Tucsom then its up to Phoenix for the remaining 4 shows...and then off to the airport for Dallas!

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Weston: We wish you had some of your concerts in the Houston area - we would be there for sure. Your website is great and we shall continue to enjoy it. Glad to hear about your precious niece and nephew - wish they were nearer too. Love from us both, Bert and Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home