Wednesday, December 05, 2007

New York City?

Yes, I'm back in the city. Isnt there a song about that? Hmmm... Well, I gotta say, this is a place that I like my blogging friend over at Hobo Camp, that I love to hate. But, today was an extra special day. I walked out the door here in Queens and it was snowing! I absolutely love it when it snows in New York City! I guess its that first snow excitement?! I dunno, but I love it. What I DONT love is how dry the air gets, and with all the automatic heaters here in NYC, then the dryness in the apartments, etc. Ugggh. I need a humidifier and NOW! But, alas...its too cold to go to the store to get one, catch 22. This afternoon I had the delight of singing for Portland Opera in the rehearsal room in the complicated never-ending maze of what is underneath New York City Opera. It went quite well! I started with Ford and they asked for Enrico. Good stuff. Afterwards I had a wonderful lunch / talk / planning session with my fabulous manager and then headed back out into the snow on the trek back to Queens. Its really not that bad staying out here. I kinda wish that I lived out here when I lived in the area rather than down in the Princeton area. But, whatcha gunna do? (spoken in thick NJ accent)

Tomorrow I will get to see my niece and nephew for the first time!!! I'm VERY excited! I also get to see my sister and her partner...but, I'm a LITTLE more excited to see the munchkins!!! heehee. Pictures will be posted tomorrow!

Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home