Wednesday, June 18, 2008

and the season begins...

Today marks not only the first blogging that I have done in a VERY long while...but also represents the beginning of a new era. Since returning home for the summer I have begun a weight loss program and at this point am proud to say that I have already dropped 20+ lbs! I havent felt this good in a long while and am excited to embark not only on a new way of life but also tonight marks the first time that I will be playing competitive lacrosse in 13 years.

In high school I was a co-founder of the Klein Oak Lacrosse Team along with my friend Jeremy. That first season during my junior year we, as a team, went 0-10. We lost every game we played. However, it was a phone call that I received from my coach about a week after our last game that surprised me more than the fact that we lost all those games. He was calling to tell me that I had been named to the All-State Lacrosse Team!! During my senior year I was named to "Team Texas", the 17 best players in the state to compete in an invitational tournament out in San Francisco, CA. - Long story short...after playing 2 years in college I hung up my LAX gear to spend all my time in a practice room rather than out on the field.

So, here we are 13 years later and tonight I have the opportunity to step back out on the field and enjoy the game of Lacrosse. I'm thrilled to say the least. Lets just hope that I am able to post with the results of the evening tomorrow!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home